Wednesday, November 9, 2011

19-stone rugby player becomes gay hairdresser



A 19-stone rugby player ditched his fiancée and became a hairdresser after suffering a stroke and waking up gay.

Chris Birch worked in a bank and was engaged to be married when a freak accident changed his life.

The 26-year-old broke his neck as he attempted a back flip in front of his mates at rugby training.

After his parents and girlfriend kept an anxious vigil at his bedside, Chris eventually woke up and immediately felt different.


"It sounds strange but when I came round I immediately felt different. I wasn't interested in women any more," he is reported as saying.


Not only had his sexual orientation changed, but Chris found he hated sport and had no interest in his job.

Embarking on a new life as an openly gay man, Chris dropped eight stone, retrained as a hairdresser and moved in with a teenage boyfriend.

Chris said: "Suddenly I hated everything about my old life. I didn't get on with my friends, I hated sport and found my job boring.

"I started to take more pride in my appearance, bleached my hair and started working out. I went from a 19-stone skinhead to an 11-stone preened man."

Chris, who works at J's Hair Salon in Ystrad Mynach, south Wales, has been in a relationship with Jack Powell, 19, for 18 months.

He added: "I had never been attracted to a man before - I'd never even had any gay friends. But I didn't care about who I was before, I had to be true to my feelings.”


source: Mirror UK

*Note: The contents above doesn't belongs to the author

No comments:

Post a Comment